Our Lady of Angels Church (also called Eglise de Notre Dame des Anges, White Chapel, Kaps Koil) is the fourth oldest church in Puducherry. The original structure was built in Greco-Roman architecture by Napolean III in 1855, with the architect being Louis Guerre. It is the only church that offers mass in three languages namely French, Tamil and English. Our Lady of Angels Church is a working church with hourly prayer and daily services and follows Roman Catholic sect of Christianity. The chapel was controlled by Capuchin priests, Holy Spirit Fathers subsequently and finally during 1887 changed hands to Foreign Mission Fathers from Paris. It is one of the most prominent landmarks in Puducherry and faces the Bay of Bengal.The priests in the church were originally only French, but during modern times, Tamil people were also allowed. The chapel was controlled by Capuchin priests, Holy Spirit Fathers subsequently and finally during 1887 changed hands to Foreign Mission Fathers from Paris. The Church got its name, Kaps Kovil from Capuchin Monks, who were the first monks in the church. It is the only church that offers mass in three languages namely French, Tamil and English.